Wednesday, May 23, 2007

BIG NEWS!


BIG NEWS! After much prayer, the Lord has led us to adopt a baby girl from China! We will be journaling our journey on this blog. Please pray for us during this long journey (about 2 1/2 years, hopefully sooner!) We have chosen to name our daughter, Lily, which means God's vow. We are in the beginning stages, collecting massive amounts of paperwork. It can be overwhelming. If anyone reading this blog has been through this, please feel free to give us any tips or encouragement! Yesterday, the Fed Ex man arrived with our China Manual. I was so excited, I took a picture of him! Then later, I nearly cried when I saw how much paperwork we had to do. We are so thankful for Karla, our social worker, she answers ALL our questions and is guiding us each and every step. Carlton and I are so excited, we can hardly stand it. We can't wait to hold our little girl and bring her home to meet her family! Warning:::: these links I have added about china adoptions are addicting.....beware, they might consume hours of your time!


1 comment:

slow poke kate said...

CONGRATS!!! Looks like we will be doing the whole "adoption journey" together! :) :) :)